We love every quirky, offbeat thing about Brattleboro. Whether you’re here for the picturesque surroundings, the historic downtown galleries and shops, or little fresh air, you’ll soon see why Brattleboro has long been a popular travel destination. Everyone loves to find the best local restaurants on vacation, too, and Brattleboro certainly won’t disappoint. Downtown Brattleboro has it all, from locavore eats to fine dining. It’s the perfect place for a spring getaway, and our Bed and Breakfast is exactly what you’re looking for. Yankee Magazine named us the Best Baronial Bed and Breakfast in 2014, and we think with one look around our stunning property, or one taste of our scrumptious breakfast, you’ll see why. Book a stay with us this spring, and discover the best of Brattleboro.
Brattleboro Restaurants to Try
In a tribute to all of its quirks and charm, Downtown Brattleboro has been named one of the 10 best small towns in America. Brattleboro was once something of a counterculture hotspot, but today, it’s a bustling, progressive town with a modern, hip, and trendy feel. Our inn is situated within walking distance of downtown Brattleboro, which is home to over 30 delicious restaurants and pubs. Here are 10 of the best restaurants to try during your next stay in Brattleboro:
- At Whetstone Station, diners will enjoy waterfront dining and a huge selection of beer. Yankee Brew News even called this “one of the finest places to enjoy a beer in Vermont.”
- Peter Havens Restaurant is one of the finest in Brattleboro. They feature enticing cocktails, delicious appetizers
, beautifully crafted entrees and an extensive wine list.
- If you’re looking for something truly reflective of the local culture, stop in to the Vermont Country Deli. It’s a NY-worthy deli, stuck in small-town Vermont.
- Top of the Hill Grill, a small BBQ joint, is often crowded; a sure sign of their delicious food.
- It isn’t everyday you get to dine in a 1925 Rail Car, but that’s exactly what you’ll get at T.J. Buckley’s. Food prep here is a work of art; your meal certainly won’t disappoint!
- An incredible meal awaits you at Duo Restaurant, a definite local favorite in Brattleboro.
- The Porch, Too is a simple, fresh, but go-to restaurant in downtown Brattleboro.
- If you’re in the mood for pizza, head to Hazel, where you’ll enjoy their delicious handcrafted pizzas. Their cocktails are amazing as well, and can be the perfect place to stop for a small bit to eat and grab drinks before heading to your next destination.
- How can you resist a name like Brattleburger? Some say it’s Southern Vermont’s answer to Shake Shack in New York and Boston and In and Out Burger in the West. Burgers, of course, are made with the finest local ingredients possible, and the restaurant features The People’s Choice Burger, a monthly special dreamt up by their customers.
- Elliot Street Fish & Chips is, perhaps, one of the most underrated places in Brattleboro. It’s definitely something to get excited about.
Now that you know where you’re going to eat, plan your next getaway to Brattleboro. Book your room at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast today, and enjoy the finest accommodations in Brattleboro.