When planning the best things to do in Brattleboro VT on your 2020 vacation, understand that each season offers its own unique attractions. However, Brattleboro’s charming, lively downtown always provides great shopping, entertainment and dining year-round. A winter vacation means wonderful snowshoeing and skiing on miles of scenic trails. The scent of sweet maple syrup wafts through the air at the beginning of Spring and the waterfall hikes are at their most stunning. As the days warm up, a biking tour through the countryside will keep you cool or enjoy activities on the water. Of course autumn means the most brilliant and stunning fall foliage covers the landscape, the busiest time of the year for our small town.
The list of wonderful things to do in Brattleboro VT makes an ideal vacation in the new year, no matter what your interests. At the center of all the great activites find a serene retreat at the lovely Inn on Putney Road bed and breakfast. Our guests enjoy a park-like setting that is walkable to Brattleboro’s fun downtown. Our unique French Provincial manor has everything needed for a perfect, relaxing vacation. Sleep in luxurious comfort each night in an elegant guest suite and wake to a delicious gourmet breakfast each morning. Reserve you room with us today and treat yourself to a romantic Vermont escape in the new year.
10 Things to do in Brattleboro VT that make is so Amazing
- Exploring the Cool Downtown – The charming, historic downtown has a great vibe and offers visitors lots of fun things to do in Brattleboro VT. The cute streets are full of unique and artistic shops and galleries, not to mention fun restaurants, and pubs. This small town is a treasure hunters dream with independent bookstores, record shops and 2 huge antique shops.
- Dining at Wonderful Restaurants – Brattelboro’s energetic town and access to fresh local produce has attracted talented chefs. Now the town boasts dozens of great restaurants with a wide variety of cuisines. So no matter what you crave; a romantic cafe, a lively pub, flavorful international dishes or lip-smacking BBQ, you’ll find something to savor here.
- Enjoy Entertainment and the Arts – After enjoying the great outdoors or a wonderful meal, there are also plenty of fun things to do in Brattleboro VT in the evening. Local bars, The Stone Church and the Vermont Jazz Center all host live music to top off the night. Perhaps catch a movie the ornate historic Greco Deco Latchis Theatre or roll into the Northfield Drive-In Movie Theater, for a double feature. Stroll the galleries during the monthly First Friday Gallery Walks or see what’s new at the Brattleboro Museum & Art Center. Enjoy the local talent at the Vermont Theatre Company or try your hand at juggling or flying on the trapeze at the New England Center for Circus Arts.
- Go Play in the Snow – The winter skiing season has begun in Vermont and Brattleboro has it share of great winter activities. Miles of hiking trails transform into the most serene cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails. Find wonderful groomed trails at Grafton Ponds, Pisgah State Park and the Brattleboro Outing Club. The community run ski center Memorial Park in Brattleboro is perfect for those new to downhill skiing. While thrill seekers hit the steep slopes at Mount Snow, Magic Mountain, and Stratton Mountain. The Brattleboro Winter Carnival, held in February, brightens up the short days with events all around the downtown and the uniquely Vermont “Sugar On Snow” day, where hot maple syrup is drizzled on fresh snow.
- Hiking – This has to be at the top of one of the best things to do in Brattleboro VT. The hiking here is simply stunning no matter the season. The trail create endless cross-country skiing paths, the waterfall hikes are breathtaking in the Spring, while the summit views stretch in the blue skies of summer, and the glowing autumn colors paint the landscape each fall.
- Biking – The lovely New England countryside, with covered bridges and rolling hills, is perfect for biking excursions. The Brattleboro Bicycle Shop has rentals available to explore the trails and roads. While Diverse Directions takes care of all the planning for you, and offers multiple cycling tours at a self-guided cycling pace.
- Summer Recreation on the Water – The Connecticut River and many state parks provide fishing boat and swimming opportunities during the warmer months. The Vermont Canoe Touring Center, not only offers canoe, kayak, paddle board and tube rentals but also guided tours. The Brattleboro Outing Club Paddling Program, also hosts Paddle Trips from May to October.
- Great Fall Foliage – Autumn, by far, is the most popular time of year for tourist because of the amazing fall foliage. Mountain summits, riversides and wooded hikes become magical treks through the vibrant seasonal colors. While some love to cruise a scenic highway through state parks, past lakes and quaint villages. For the most relaxing leaf peeping, hop on The Green Mountain Railroad, and just watch the scenery go by your window.
- Events and Festivals – The out-of-the-ordinary festivals in Brattleboro reflects the unique personality of the town. For example May and June the joint festivals The Slow Living Summit and The Strolling of the Heifers is a celebration of the Vermont farming community. While in July dance performances, classes and event fill the downtown during The Southern Vermont Dance Festival. The Brattleboro Literary Festival brings famous authors to the town in October for this celebration of the written word. The cooler days in November are the perfect time to find a seat in the historic Latchis Theatre for the impressive Brattleboro Film Festival.
- Only in Vermont – When visiting Vermont you might think covered bridges, idyllic New England farms and the very best fall foliage. However there are few things that may surprise you when vacationing in Brattleboro. Taste the very best maple syrup during the Vermont Maple Open House Weekend in the month of March. While Grafton Village Cheese Company has tours showing their centuries old cheese making techniques and tastings of their excellent cave-aged cheddar. Craft beer connoisseurs will enjoy a vast choice of local breweries and can taste beer from all over the country at the Brattleboro Brewers Festival in May. Hikers and ghost hunters will love the lore and stories surrounding the 2-mile hike to the ruins of Madame Sherri’s Castle. All of these experiences and more make for a quintessential Vermont vacation and are some of the best things to do in Brattleboro VT.
Make your 2020 Brattleboro vacation carefree with your stay at the Inn on Putney Road. enjoy the hospitality and attention to detail staying at a world-class bed and breakfast. Let us help you pick the best things to do in Brattleboro VT and create your perfect getaway. Book your well-deserved vacation to beautiful Brattleboro VT.