There are plenty of fabulous places for skiing in Vermont this winter. However, few of them compare to the experience you’ll have at beautiful Mount Snow in Vermont. Mount Snow Vermont is a ski area located in the southern portion of Vermont’s Green Mountains, just outside of downtown Brattleboro, and offers some of the best skiing in southern Vermont.
As wonderful as a day at Mount Snow, Vermont is, it’s not the only thing to do in Vermont in the winter. In fact, the Brattleboro area is a veritable winter playground for snow enthusiasts! There are several fantastic areas for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, plus plenty of great dining, breweries, shopping, and more in this charming southern Vermont town.
While enjoying Vermont’s gorgeous winter wonderland this winter, you’ll need someplace cozy and relaxing to stay. Our Vermont Bed and Breakfast is not only one of the best places to stay in Brattleboro, but it’s one of the best places to stay in Vermont as a whole. You’ll see and feel the difference from the moment you first arrive.
A trip to our Brattleboro Bed and Breakfast in the winter is more than just fun. It’s the perfect escape from the fast-paced holiday season and a wonderful place to retreat for some much-needed R&R. With so many fantastic things to do in Vermont nearby, you won’t have time to be bored – unless, of course, you choose to just that, We wouldn’t blame you!
Whatever winter means for you, you’ll find the best of it at Mount Snow, Vermont, and our Brattleboro Bed and Breakfast. Book your getaway to enjoy the best of winter in Vermont today!
Gear Up for Ski Season at Mount Snow, Vermont!
There are plenty of choices when it comes to Vermont ski resorts, but Mount Snow, Vermont, is a perennial favorite among many! Mount Snow, Vermont, is the biggest ski area in southern Vermont and thus is a popular draw for people coming from cities like Boston and New York. As of 2019, Mount Snow, Vermont, is also part of the Vail portfolio of ski resorts, which means those season Epic Pass holders can enjoy a wonderful afternoon on the slopes in Vermont!
Mount Snow, Vermont, opened in 1954 and was the first ski resort on the east coast. It’s worth skiing here for that reason alone, but the mountain truly does have plenty to offer. There are four main ski areas at Mount Snow, Vermont: Main Mountain, North Face, Sunbrook, and Carinthia. Between these four mountain faces, skiers and snowboarders have a total of 601 acres across a 1,900-foot vertical drop to explore.
The skiing here is truly exceptional, and with 19 lifts, you can expect to spend more time on the slopes than waiting in line. Their uphill capacity is more than 30,000 people per hour! Most ski runs here are rated as intermediate, with a few dedicated beginner-level and expert-level runs to round out the experience. There are also ten terrain parks on Carinthia for even more snow-loving fun.
If you don’t have an Epic Pass but still want to ski at Mount Snow, Vermont, consider purchasing your lift tickets in advance online. Lift Ticket sales will be limited this year to ensure a fun ski experience for everyone.
7 More Things to do in Vermont This Winter
When the snow starts to fly, we get so excited for skiing at Mount Snow, Vermont, not to mention all the other things to do in Vermont in the winter season. Lovers of snow sports have more than enough things to keep them busy and having fun all winter long in Vermont. However, if you don’t love don’t outside in the snow, there are still plenty of things for you to do in Vermont, too.
That includes spending some relaxing downtime at our #1-rated Vermont Bed and Breakfast in Brattleboro! Below, we’ve listed several of the best things to do in Vermont this winter to give you options for those days when you want to do something!
- Like skiing at Mount Snow, Vermont, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are both popular things to do in Vermont in the winter. You can snowshoe almost 15 miles of trails right from the back yard of our Inn on the Retreat Trails. Brattleboro Sporting Club, Grafton Ponds, and Pisgah State Park are other great places to look into.
- One of the most romantic things to do in Vermont is to take a horse-drawn sleigh ride, which you can do with Friesians of Majesty, located in the picturesque mountains about 30 scenic minutes from Brattleboro.
- If you enjoy watching the Olympics, don’t miss the chance to see jumpers on the Harris Hill Ski Jump. It’s the only 90-meter ski jump in New England and one of only six in the USA of this size and caliber, and they host a jumping event each February.
- Once again, as soon as the ice on the Retreat Meadows in our backyard is thick enough, it is the perfect destination for some good old-fashioned Vermont Ice Skating. If you’d rather visit a more traditional indoor ice rink, Brattleboro’s Withington Skating Facility, located at “Living Memorial Park,” is open to the public throughout the winter.
- If indoors is more your style, there are plenty of things to do in Vermont this winter, including taking in a performance at the Vermont Jazz Center.
- We’re a short walk from downtown Brattleboro, where you’ll find plenty of excellent shopping. It’s a great place to start (or finish) your holiday shopping!
- When you need a bite to eat, don’t miss the top Brattleboro restaurants.
There are plenty of things to do in Vermont this winter, including the chance to stay at our luxurious Brattleboro, VT, Bed and Breakfast. There’s nowhere better to slow down, unplug, and reconnect with those closest to you. Don’t miss the chance – book your room at our Brattleboro Bed and Breakfast today!